I went to the Whitney Biennial yesterday. I have been to the previous ones. I remember in other biennials, works I could not stop observing, wanting, discussing, disliking, thinking...
This year, it is the first time I am in an art exhibit and after two hours I thought ofa few of Danto's questions without a response. Actually, my only thought was leaving the museum with the same slow pace I entered. I was also at the Armory show last week. In the Armory I saw works that I still can remember. My strongest reason to look at contemporary art is to connect with my times. The Whitney Biennial did not provoke me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These pictures are of where my father grew up. I visited there last year and had a wonderful time. Seeing the beautiful landscape and ocean bring back fond memories of my times there. Beautiful isn't it?

Popular Posts