When I was four years old, my family moved to another place. My memories of that year are full of new and joyful experiences, people and places. I attended a new school, lived in a new house, ate different food, learned to read and write, and add and subtract in a short period. We all have transformative moments in our live; shifts in consciousness that help us see the world in a different way; that was one of those times in my life.

Not everything was enjoyable though, as I also experienced some family tragedies and the first sense of loss I can remember. Yet, I learned that we deserve to live life on our own terms and explore the world, acknowledging the frugality of our existence. It is possible that moving and traveling would create a sense of alienation and a sense of loss of community; but the knowledge and consciousness that you obtain derived from living in other ways, will forever be with you.

Comments

Popular Posts